David Yager has extensive management, corporate finance, technology commercialization, business development, marketing and communication skills. Second generation Alberta oilpatch, he has worked in the oilfield service industry in since 1971.
- 33-year successful entrepreneurial track record in buying businesses, building new companies and organizations, sectoral consolidation and taking new business models and technologies from concept to commercial success
- Founder of three public companies, acquired over 35 private businesses, participated in two multiple public company mergers, one public company unsolicited takeover, and two public company take-private transactions
- Extensive marketing and communications experience at many levels ranging from writing advertising copy to authoring corporate profile, annual reports and shareholder communications to public speaking at public company investment conferences
- Has mentored many executives and managers and created employment for thousands of people
- 31 years of public company executive and board experience (TSX, TSXV) as an officer and director
- Executed multiple equity financings, debt financings, private and public company acquisitions, multiple public company mergers, and take-private transactions
Yager Management Ltd. – Oilfield Service Executive Advisory, Oil & Gas Writer, Energy Policy Analyst
Since 1993, principal of Yager Management Ltd., an oil and gas service industry consulting company specializing in executive advisory, M&A, finance, business development, marketing, communications and expert witness services. He works with a variety of clients on specific projects in the areas of the macro-economic business climate for the Canadian upstream oil and gas industry, corporate finance, sectoral consolidation and the commercial viability of new products and services.
National Leader Oilfield Services, MNP LPP
OCTOBER 2012 TO APRIL 2016
Based in Calgary, MNP LLP is Canada’s fifth largest accounting, tax and consulting services provider. Lead resource in providing oilfield service expertise and industry knowledge to MNP’s financial services practitioners across Canada.
HSE Integrated. Ltd. – CEO and Chairman of the Board
MAY 2003 TO JULY 2012
Assumed executive leadership of a small public company in financial difficulty in October 2003 which was refinanced and restructured. Acquired and integrated 19 private companies from 2004 to 2011 creating HSE, Canada’s only national industrial health and safety services company. HSE was listed on the TSX until it was taken private in 2012.
Integrated Production Services Ltd. – President, Founder, Director
1994 – 2002
In 1994 founded a predecessor company of what became Integrated Production Services Ltd. (IPS) when two public companies merged in 2000. Undertook and integrated 16 private company acquisitions. IPS traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange before it was taken private in July 2002. IPS provided a suite of specialized completion and production wellbore services.
Tesco Corporation – Senior Officer, Founder, Director
Founded a predecessor company which became a partner and driving force in the creation of Tesco Corporation, developer and manufacturer of the world’s first portable top drive drilling system to convert conventional land rigs to top drive. Top drive was a major technological advancement required for extended reach horizontal drilling.
The Roughneck Magazine – Co-Owner, Publisher, Editor
1979 – 1992
The Roughneck, founded in 1952, is a Calgary-based oilfield trade magazine. Mr. Yager and a partner bought the business from its founder in 1979. From this unique perspective Yager has a broad understanding of the many diverse aspects of the oil and gas industry.
Diversified Oilfield Services
1970 – 1979
Worked on the drilling rigs and in the oilfield service industry while spending 2.5 years at the University of Alberta majoring in Canadian history and political science. His specific area of expertise was fishing tool services.